Monday, June 30, 2008

Air Race Classic 2008

Well Hello Gang!

Today is Monday, June 30, 2008. The Annual Women's Air Race Classic is now complete. The past 2 years, I had competed in the race-but was unable to this year. : ( It was a race that is always approx. 2200 miles long and is a tradition carried on from the women of Amelia Earhart's time.

A student of mine forwarded me an article, which brought a smile to my face, yet made me go numb with excitement:

http://www.herald-review.com/articles/2008/06/26/news/local/1033628.txt

Also, the race website is:
http://www.airraceclassic.org/.

That site shows the whole route for this year. Wish I had been there, but I was there in heart, thinking about the ladies as they went. Also, I had my own XC's to complete...in the last 2 weeks, I have been to Ohio and back, Texas and back...and not to mention Chris' travels: I think he's going to at least 3-4 different states today! Sheesh! (show off : )

WEll, the journey is fun, the scenery is great, and we have both been having a good time traveling. Although-I have to admit...if I'm going to fly...I'd rather be up front! God bless those airline pilots who jump seat across the US.

No comments: