Sunday, July 13, 2008

Update: Both the Good and the Bad

Well, over the past two weeks, it has been an interesting ride.

On July 1st, Chris came home from work laid off. Two days later, his dad was on the way to the hospital in an ambulance with a stomach ulcer, and the following day was the 4th of July. Happy Holidays! Doesn't it always seem like the holidays bring busy times?! So, no, Chris does not have a job yet...but several prospects-so we'll keep you posted. Oh, and Yes, Terry is doing fine. He was in the hospital for a couple of days and then they released him back to work that Sunday, the 6th. Although...they told him to take it easy.

For me, I have been working hard, flying lots, and even have had Chris fill in for me on several flights just to keep up. I think being laid off was probably good for now-this has given him the flexibility to take some "fun flights" with students of mine...just to remember what it is to have fun...and not make every flight a bus trip with executives.

Also, this weekend we were supposed to go to Tarkio, MO for a fly out. BUT due to the weather, we did not go. So instead, we went over to a student of mine's hangar...and just had some soda, ate some bagels, etc and talked about life and airplanes. It was almost like having a BBQ...but we didn't cook out!

This was probably all for the best-as I was worn out from the past 2 weeks...and Chris and I haven't really had any down time, especially since I have been working late and pass out when I get home. So it has been great to have a couple of days of just chilling--just what we needed. Although-I did get a few calls today asking if I would go fly, and I guiltlessly said-nope-I am not going up today-I have plans (of chilling out and not working-but I didn't tell them that!)

Although, it's a good thing I didn't fly today because there was a blood drive at church this morning until 2pm. So, since Chris and I rarely get the opportunity that we are BOTH not flying, we decided to make it a date to go visit the vampires! We got there and did the usual check in procedures. Although, I did not pass the pre-test! : ( Usually, if I don't pass, it's due to low Iron count...however-I passed that by like 1.5 points! Go ME! BUT---get this---I had low blood pressure....I'm no pro...but I had about 86 or 88/60...whatever that means....and I had to have a 90/60 to be able to give blood today : ( Oh well...maybe another day...it's not the first time they have told me to come back...I am just sad because I know they need blood, yet they keep turning my good blood away : (

On the other hand, Chris was able to donate-but it had been a couple of years since the last time he gave...so he took it easy and rested up this afternoon.

To top the day off, we went out to a nice dinner at Piropo's here in KC. It is a fancy restaurant, but we received a gift certificate to there for a wedding gift, so we thought we'd give it a try. The food was excellent (in my humble opinion-although Chris said his usual-it was ok) But-Chris did say that the "plating" was very nice! We have been watching the "Next Food Network Star" on TV lately-and food presentation has been part of the running joke between us when we make dinner.

Overall, even though it has been awhile since I have updated the world...we have been doing good. We are glad to have hurtles come across our path to strengthen us and give us the opportunity to grow. And, as I always say-everything happens for a reason.

Until Next Time, Cheerio.
~R

1 comment:

Unknown said...

now take it from me, don't go getting to much down time, it really starts to tax you.