Monday, June 16, 2008

Fireworks in June

Today was a gorgeous day. Not only were there clear blue skies-but it was nice and cool, compared to the muggy weather and storms that have been rolling through lately.

I got off work early and made it home early enough to take a short run and have a nice dinner with Chris and our friend. Chris grilled hamburgers : ) YUM! I got to chill and do some catching up today, so that was nice too.

This evening, Chris and the company were just winding down from a day at Worlds of Fun, and I decided to lay on our hammock and enjoy the cool evening. I read for awhile, but then something caught my eye. I gazed across the lawn and saw a neon flicker. Fireflies. I closed my book and looked at the scene. Fresh cut lawn and crisp, green grass, and the sweet smell of the honeysuckle refreshed the air. Fireflies lit off like fireworks and the bugs seemed to play an evening chorus. It was just beautiful. It is nice to take in those little things sometimes. Just to sit back and have a moment where you are thankful for what you have and also what is around you. I miss being outdoors and listening to the evening birds coo and beetles play their funny tune to the sound of the cricket's violin chorus.

Thank God for a beautiful day and great friends to enjoy it with.

No comments: