Sunday, March 2, 2008

Free Time

I think that is an oxymoron...or whatever the correct term to use is...because seriously, is time actually FREE!?

Since going into slow motion after graduation and the wedding, I am contemplating some hobbies:

Running-DUH! but if the weather would only be good...I don't like running in the cold. God didn't give us fur...so we should stay inside and cuddle up with blankets.

Gardening-Well, I think I remember Karen suggesting this to me...and I think I laughed-me a gardener?! I can hardly keep the plants she gave me alive--which have since died : ( BUT! We had a small tomato plantation a couple of summers...so I have hope. I was talking with my old roommate, Clint today and he suggested what he called a "Victory Garden" (which I was thinking-yeah-it would be a victory if I could keep the plants alive!!!) He said that his G-Pa used to have one consisting of Tomatoes, Cucumbers, Squash, Sweet Corn, etc. YUM! fresh vegies!!! (and I think I can hear Chris twitching at the thought of healthy veggi's...but he's in Chigaco...so by the time he reads this...it will have been posted for hours : ) AND...he likes corn and cucumbers-so I think he'll be up for it (I hope!)

Sewing!!! yay! So I spent today working on a long-awaited project. I am to the point where I have to cut out more fabric...so I'm calling it quits for the day...but it looks FANTASTIC so far!!! I'll put up some pix of it when I complete it. BUT for now, it's a secret...cuz it's a present for an unnamed individual...so I shall say no more.

**ooh...and Clint is sending me a new sewing project--anyone ever seen a crown royal quilt?! I'm going to make him one...so I guess we'll have to figure out what it's supposed to look like soon.

I'm open for other hobbies-and so is Chris...as he sits at home more than I do right now...so any suggestion?!


Also, update: Chris and his dad, Terry are in the Chicago are for some church stuff over the weekend. They get back on Monday-well, are supposed to...but as you may know...the weather is not favorable, so more than likely-they will return on Tuesday sometime.

For a nice, relaxing Sunday-I hope you all had a fantastic day!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Tell chris to NOT take up biking, because we want to spank Team Laws in the triathlon. ;-)

And vitory gardens were popular during the war. People grew their own food because it was cheaper. It also was a benefit, so any food mass-produced went to feed the troops.

Erik is giving me a free tiket on his yard, and I sense a tomato and cucumber plant coming .... not sure what else, though.