Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Women In Aviation in the K-State Collegian

I awoke this morning to the sound of a text message...brrrring-a-ling!! gr...what could they want now I though!? A friend of mine from school said that I was in the K-State Collegian this morning. I though-what in the heck for? I didn't do an interview and give quotes...or respond to an email....hmm...what picture could they have found of me now?

So...I went to the website:
http://www.kstatecollegian.com/
The left hand column has a section titled Campus News, where our article is featured

The article is titled:
KSU Aviation group aims to end stereotypes
By: Amanda Keim
Issue date: 3/26/08 Section: Campus News

They had a nice write up about the Women in Aviation group and a picture of our team last year from the Women's Air Race Classic. I was surprised that they actually got both Niki's and my new last names correct!! I still occasionally call myself by the wrong last name!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On another note, this Saturday we are planning on taking a group out to the Kansas Cosmosphere and Space Center in Hutchinson,KS. I think we'll have several planes fly out and it should be a good time. I'll try to remember my camera and take pictures. I hope the weather is good for the day-but like they say-it's Kansas, who knows!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

DUDE, they didn't mention your "chicks with sticks" shirts. What a dissapointment! ;-)