Friday, November 27, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

Today is the day known across the US as "Black Friday." (I have not done my research to learn WHY it's called Black Friday...but I'm sure that one of you know!--please enighten me) I am NOT taking part of the crazy rush. In fact, we're staying at our favorite bed and breakfast: the Bonar Suites (no folks, you can't google that...it's my sister's in-laws.) We always enjoy the great food and catching up with everyone while we are here.

Bobby Ann (Erik's Mom) made some of the most wonderful dishes, including one of my favorites--which I call cornbread casserole. (It has corn...some other delicious stuff...but looks like cornbread. I'm not quite sure how to describe the delicousness...but it's just darn good.) Chris enjoyed the Ham, Turkey, and potatoes. (good ole country boy--he likes the meat and potatoes...his mom must have raised him right!)

We enjoyed the time with family and especially getting to sleep in, with nothing in-particular to do today. It has been an enjoyable trip.

This is not our first Thanksgiving for this year, nor will it be our last. The previous weekend, we were in Leoti, KS to celebrate our 1st Turkey Day for this holiday season. Like many times, our schedule did NOT go as planned (which drives my sister CRAZY). I like to call it "weather." Last weekend Chris and I were to fly to Leoti-each with our own students. Well, we woke up to a foggy morning and low visibility. What ?! Where did the sun go!? So, after a change of plans and weather delay, we decided for my student and I not to fly (our airplane was not something I would take into the clouds)--and I sat backseat in Chris' airplane. It all worked out, but we were just delayed in departure.

Luckily for us...the Laws' were just about ready to eat when we arrived! We dug into the delicous turkey and side dishes....and Chris even saved room for some of that chocolate pie I wrote about in the last post. Oh-but I stand corrected-he eats 1/4 of the pie at a time....followed by the rest of it throughout the day! (Chris ONLY had 1 piece last week though...he was too full of the other food to eat more!)

Tomorrow and Sunday we look forward to a Thanksgiving meal each day--with our friends as we travel back to Stillwater, OK. Ah I love the holidays--good food, good people, and great memories.

Happy Holidays!

(PS: to all you Christmas people....you can NOW start playing Christmas music and put up the tree!)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think BLACK friday might be a reference to money and numbers ... how they'll go into the black for the season, not "going into the red" .... ya know, in debt?