Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Congrats Mom--Mikols Snow Contest Winner!

Congrats to my mom! She is the proud winner of the 2009 Mikols Snow Competition. I don't have all the rules in front of me, but here are the basics:

1. It MUST snow in Wichita, KS at our home address on the east side of town
2. Snow is NOT sleet, hail, etc
3. If it is in question of whether it was actually snow, there must be a majority vote to decide.

That's the basics.
There is also a "pot of gold" to go along with this competition--but you do not have to "bet" if you do not want to. Neither mom nor I bet with $ this year, so the $ will go to the next closest person. (My financial expert--chris--and I discussed whether or not to "invest" in the small pot of gold...since I have won only once in about 10 or 12 years...we decided it was not a good investment. Guess it would have been this year! oh well...there's always next year!)

Might I add that I just missed winning this year by oh...less than 4 hours! Mom's time "expired" at noon yesterday....and mine began at that time. But if I were to lose to anyone, I am glad that it was my dear mother, who is a very deserving winner, as she had not yet won.

I will have to take a photo of the plaque at Christmas time when she receives it from Santa. (Yes, folks, there is a plaque!)

Thanks to each of you for keeping your eyes outside for me yesterday. I was trusting that you all would help me decide if it was infact snow, should I have to cast a vote!

Until then,
Robin

No comments: