Friday, November 20, 2009

Friday Frenzy

Today has been interesting. I was up late last night with the OSU football game--which we barely squeaked by winning--but we did end up winning-so that is a great way to end our collage football watching career. Afte the game was over, we went home. I had a scholarship application I had to finish. Unfortunately, I had to tweak a few more thing before sending it off in the mail today. Those "few" more things brought me into the wee hours of the morning by the time I was finished tweaking them all. I think those hours around midnight go quicker than the rest of the day....no...?

The good thing about being up that late is there is no traffic, it is QUIET in the apartment complex, and no one calls to distract me! (Don't get any ideas-my usual bedtime is 10pm and I look forward to going back to that!) Oh, and I got to send Paul emails...as at midnight or after, it's already mid-day where he is. The bad thing about being up that late is I got little sleep and am needing a nap (because I got up early to go to the gym--my new work out for post-marathon recovery. So fa, my legs, arms, abs have been sore....tomorrow's forecast is looking like quads--as today's torture was lunges....! ok-so it's not really torture if I put myself up to it, but it's sure hard being sore after running for several months and thinking I was in "shape" and then I find that there are muscles I haven't used in a long time) .

I did get everything done and the scholarship applications are all sent off in the mail, thanks to my wonderful friends who were able to write letters of recommendation and send them to me.(Thanks again!!) So now we will wait and see....I'm applying for 2 scholarships from Women in Aviation-one for my ATP and the other to attend a leadership conference. I don't know what the other applicants have in store, but I think I have a shot at at least one of them : ) We will have to see.

Other than that, this weekend is looking promising:
We have Thanksgiving in Leoti tomorrow for lunch and we will be back that evening sometime. I am looking forward to the good food and company. Best of all, Chris and I are each flying there with our students...so we are getting to fly AND see family--two of our favorite things. Oh-well-Chris would add that he gets to eat CHOCOLATE PIE. (That is if Chris can get it before Terry takes a slice!)

**the chocolate pie thing I may never understand-but basically a "Laws Slice" of pie is usually around 1/2 the pie. SO-when we make chocolate pudding pie at home, I make sure to have my own ration already set aside so that Chris can have his "slice" also : )

Love you Chris!

1 comment:

Paul Mikols said...

you know you don't have to wait till i'm out of the country to contact me after 10 pm...
I'd say save some food for me, but i have a feeling i won't even get Steak soup this year. Enjoy!