Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Thanks for the MANY birthday wishes!

Yesterday was my birthday!~!~! Thanks to each of you for the many birthday wishes I received!!

In addition to my birthday, it was also the first day of my new job. I went from being a full time secratary to a part time employee. My new title is: Graduate Assistant to the Facilities Manager. YAY! Now what does that mean?(I have no idea-but it will sure be fun to find out!!) Well, ok-so I kind-of know what I will be doing...but it will just take a few weeks to settle into the position and figure out where we want to go from where we are at now.

Last semester I had a course on quality management-including it's principles as well as several different tools used in quality. On a short note, quality is all about making a quality product-and striving to get the product perfect every time to a given set of standards. That is one version of the definition. The part that I think is most facinating is using different processes to make a product-but simplifying the process it takes to make a product---creating a process with less error-or fewer mistakes.

So basically-I have my mission of daily tasks-and from the little I know now in my new job, I get to refine this current process and change it in any way that is reasonable to make the process more efficient, and essentially easier to use. I am excited as I LOVE to create things and figure things out. So I look forward to the daily challenges that await me.

Additionally, while I am starting a new job, Chris is doing some "administrative hours" at the flight center-where he gets to assist them with the programs and tweaking them to make them even better. I know he's excited about the whole project and challenges that lie ahead there as well.

No comments: