Thursday, June 18, 2009

Happy Birthday Chris! (Yesterday)

Life has been SO busy that I didn't even have a chance to brag on Chris on his birthday! (although his mom did write a nice blog post about it!!)

Yesterday was Chris' Birthday and it was a good one. Despite my best efforts, he did find out about almost all of the surprises I was trying to do for him for his birthday! Being the good husband he is, he was only doing what I told him to-and cleaned off the table for dinner-and found a receipt with items that included:
hen
brownies

Need I say more? He found out that I was going to bake him brownies and make chicken and noodles. DRAT! grr! If he weren't such a good guy and so meticulous about receipts! I should have known!

Needless to say, he did not find out about the Phi Delta Theta picture that I attained, courtesy of our friend, Delton. This pic was of the "founding fathers" of the Salina, KS chapter. It is really a nice pic that I was able to copy/reprint and I even got it framed. So, after all my efforts, at least I did get to surprise him on SOMETHING!

We even had a small party at the flight center for him-I took brownies and the secretary out there brought ice cream. : ) It was good to see him smiling and feeling so special-as I don't get to spoil him all that often.

At the end of the day, I did make chicken and noodles...not QUITE as good as either his mom's or Delton's....but not bad for trying a new recipe...that measures ingredients in a way that I have never measured before (Chris said it's "precise" as it was handed down from his grandma!). There was one part of the noodle recipe that said something to the effect of:
If dough feels too wet, add flour-but not too much

oh-and my favorite part was something about measuring the milk-like 2 and 1/2 shells of milk per egg.

I have never measured quite like that before, but estimated and called it good...I guess that's the "good ole way" to measure?!

I bet I will have to try the recipe a few more times before I get it right...but don't get your hopes up!! It's awefully HOT outside for chicken N noodles on a weekly basis!

Well, dinner did end up ok and was in fact pretty tasty. We had a few friends over and enjoyed the evening with good food and good company.

Happy Birthday Chris!!!

1 comment:

tlawwife said...

Sorry I couldn't be there. I'm hungry thinking about the noodles let me know when you are making them again.