Monday, June 22, 2009

Combines...combines...combines!!!



Here's what I miss seeing on a regular basis:



Last weekend, Chris and I had the privilege of going to harvest with his dad's friends who all used to "custom harvest" together. Terry harvested with this crew for 4 years. While I am not a harvester myself, I could see how much fun he had with the crew, as these were some of the best times he had, not to mention he met Carol during this time. The group Terry worked with would harvest from Texas and travel to Canada, cutting crops for farmers.

I don't think I have ever seen a combine-ok-well not in "real" life-but I had the opportunity to DRIVE a combine!!! This was pretty exciting for a person who has never really spent much time working on a farm.

Here's Chris, myself and Terry in the combine:



I have only heard stories of "the good ole days" of custom harvesting, and it was a pleasure to have FINALLY met the people of these stories. When Chris and I travel to England some time, we will get to visit them more and have a good people to stay with.


From left to right:
Robin, Theresa, Carol, Terry, Chris, Charlie, Robert (the Laws call him Bert)




PS: I have made a link to this on the right, but here is the link to the K-State girls' Air Race Classic blog:
K-State ARC Blog

You can also click on the right side of my blogger links-and see it there as well : )

No comments: