Sunday, February 8, 2009

Saturday in Stillwater

Yesterday we got to enjoy the day, despite other plans that were supposed to happen. Chris had the opportunity to go to KC for some church stuff, but when it all came down to it, he ended up not going. Since the plan was for him to go to KC, I was going to be dropped in Wichita on the way. Well, as plans go-they are often subject to change.

We ended up staying in Stillwater this weekend, which ended up being better for us. I had the opportunity to get some things done which i needed to do, and Chris got to go to flight team practice, which was great too. What is flight team? When we were at K-State Salina, they had a flight team too. It is an intercollegiate competition to work on safety and skills as a pilot. Basically, a flight competition focusing on precision, different piloting skills, and even some ground events like computations, etc for flying. While neither of us competed in our undergraduate, Chris has had the opportunity to be a coach here at OSU. We are REALLY excited about it and Chris went to their first landing practice yesterday. It sounds like it's going to be a LOT of fun. I'm pretty stoked too, as I was always excited to hear about our KSU-S flight team, even though I never competed. (I had my hands in enough things, and therefore, i was just an avid supporter of our KSUS Team : )

Last night we went to church, then on a dinner date and out to a wrestling meet. OSU is one of the national powerhouses of wrestling, and Chris has been ecstatic about going to a match some time this season. Needless to say, I had a good time too. My wrestling knowledge is not nearly as extensive as Chris', but I learned more of the lingo and was glad I was never a wrestler (not that I ever had an interest in getting sat on and twisted in uncomfortable positions). Chris had a big grin on his face all night and it was a good time.

1 comment:

tlawwife said...

So did you win the match?