Sunday, February 24, 2008

Waitin on the Weather

Update via last week since Tuesday...

Friday finally came...and I had been waiting to see if the snow was going to pass or if it was going to snow me into Salina. My luck...it teased me. The snow didn't come and I awoke around 5 am...only to wait until 10:30 am to prepare to depart Salina for Wichita. As patient as I am --AHEM-not-- I twiddled my thumbs, drank lots of coffee, and attempted not to float away while the sky went from dreary gray to FANTASTIC blue, clear skies.

I watched the weather in Wichita and Hutchinson all morning, waiting for a break...and finally, it came. Another instructor and I headed off for Wichita, only to get there and shoot an instrument approach in--I hadn't done an approach in the Baron in at least a year! What good practice, right?!

Well, long story short, by the time the examiner and I completed the preliminary paperwork and discussion, the skies had mainly cleared off and we were off. I completely rocked the maneuvers that I had botched just a few days earlier. My landing was flawless and I have to say, I feel I definitely earned this Multi Instructor rating.

So, after my successful pass, we headed back to Salina and I said my farewells to the flight department and offices on campus. I have officially quit. Wow...weird feeling...but...not for long. Tomorrow I start a new job here in the KC area...back on my feet instructing.

Chris is headed off to the west coast again...I think he likes his job because he gets to eat seafood on a regular basis...but who knows--maybe I'll get to tag along one of these days to enjoy the 70 degree sunshine he's headed off to.

1 comment:

tlawwife said...

Our most heartfelt congratulations!!! We are so very proud of you. Glad to hear you have a new student and I am sure many to come. I know you will do a great job. We love you.