Thursday, February 14, 2008

San Diego

So on Thursday I was at work at 5:30 to fly to Denver and then San Diego. Upon landing in snowy, cold Denver we ate a quick breakfast and then onto San Diego. San Diego was nice and warm compared to KC but not as warm as I would expect in Sunny CA. After resting up in the hotel room for a few hours we went out to dinner at The Fish Market. I had the Hawaiian Ono and it was amazing. After dinner I went back to my room watched some tv for bit and headed to bed. I also received a phone call from a good friend of my who is stationed in San Diego. It turns out that her ship made it into port early so we were about to meet up on Friday morning. On Friday morning I got picked up by my friend and then headed to the Naval Station for a personal tour of the USS Bonhomme Richard. It was amazing. It is hard to believe how big those ships are until you are next to them. After the tour we ate a quick lunch and then headed back to the airport so I could come home. After a quick fuel stop in Pueblo CO I was home in time for dinner, gourmet hot dogs.

No comments: