Friday, May 2, 2008

Weather and a New Car

Over the past couple of weeks, it seems like our lives rotate like the weather-one day it's sunny and both of us are flying-and the next day it's thunderstorms and we're hanging out at the house--well, actually-usually Chris still has to fly-and I work on my quilt at home.

Chris has been across the country last week-for both work and fun. He and his dad went to Illinois last weekend for some church stuff, and I think they all had a good time. They got to see Larry and some other church friends-and I know they always enjoy that time together. It was nice to see the in-LAWS...tee hee...get it...lol. Laws...in-laws...lol. That cracks me up every time. ahem...but yes, it was nice seeing Carol and Terry.

Last night a tornado came through the KC area. It hit just north of where we live. We are very VERY fortunate. The weather moved in around 7-8 pm and was on and off all night. We both woke up around 1:30 or 2am and heard the storm passing, but little did we know that there was a tornado just a few miles north of us. Thank the Lord that we are safe. I don't know the extent of the damage up north, but we hope that everyone is doing ok, so please say some prayers for those affected by the tornado.

Work is picking up for me as the weather gets better-so if I keep up at the rate I'm going, I might actually pass Chris up in flight time in the next year....well...probably not-but it's a nice thought : )

OH....of course, the most exciting news today:
We bought a new car-well, not brand new, but slightly used. (Just under 4,000 miles!!! yay for us!) We are super excited b/c it gets great mileage and then we can sell our other car-the nissan.

It is depicted below:

1 comment:

theresa said...

I saw, and took a ride in the new car, I think I'm special