Sunday, August 16, 2009

Clint's Quilt Update

Oh Clint, you are sometimes MORE impatient than I am : o ) But I guess Santa's Elves have to work all year to get all those toys done for the Christmas holiday...so this little Elf is hard at work to make that Christmas deadline too. You can tell Clint has been giving me a hard time, as last night I got a text message saying:

4 months and 10 days left. Tick tock tick tock.

Haha. Thanks Clint.

Well, If anyone knows the "Mikols" in me, that would be the Polish half of me, you know that I cannot do things the easy way. SO-I have to leave a bit of my own artistic touch in each of my masterpieces I create. The design I am using for this quilt is based on a design I saw in a book. However, I wanted a BIGGER quilt...so with the help of a friend of mine, we extrapolated the dimensions and ta-da! We designed a bigger, better quilt--Robin style!

Well, for those of you as anxious as he is to see this long-awaited quilt in progress. Here are a few pictures.

Me working hard. Notice the stack of blocks to the right of this picture *(my left). These will all be sewn together and made into a large quilt. Yikes! If I'm going to make my deadline, I better get to sewing!



And an up-close view of the quilt blocks which incorporate the Crown Royal bags that Clint wanted make into a quilt:


So there's the "sneak peek!" So now this elf is going back to work : )

1 comment:

Pat said...

how much did Clint have to drink to get you enough material to make this quilt?!