Tuesday, August 11, 2009

August...ALREADY!?

WHERE have the last few weeks gone?!?
No-Seriously-where?

As Chris always says-where time always goes-duh! (HAHA, Thanks honey.)

I have not posted in awhile, but will do my best to recollect what we've been up to for the past few weeks:

The last week of July (or so) Chris and I got to play "parents" for a few days. We have a friend who has a 2 year old and we watched him for a few days while they were out of town. Despite Chris' love of kids, he was unable to watch the kiddo with me, as Chris came down with a rash : ( We think the rash came from their dog-but who knows for sure. Chris was miserable...even so much that he cancelled a few days of flying and considered not going home for the fair! But-the Good Lord was watching over him and the rash cleared up, with some help of modern medacine.

I jokingly told Chris if he didn't want to watch kiddo, he didn't have to go through the trouble of getting a rash and be so miserable.!!! ...needless to say, he gave me that "now why would I do a thing like THAT" look. haha. love you darlin'!

While I did enjoy b-sitting kiddo, Chris did get to have dinner with us a few times-at our house, away from said dog. We enjoyed the week and were glad to have kiddo's mom and dad come home, so I could get a sound night's sleep (without being woken up for dirty diapers : )

The last few days of July were spent at the Annual Leoti Fair. (Which of course, will have its OWN post : )

Then on Monday, August 3rd, I flew out to San Diego, California on the Airlines to drive back to the midwest with my younger brother, Paul.

More to come on both of those events.

Other than that, Chris and I finished out summer classes, both making top marks in all summer courses : )

The past few days have been somewhat relaxing. We re-arranged our office at home, which is FINALLY looking amazing! Now Chris has his perfect office space, and I my own sewing space --yet still enough room for a gues when our friends/family come to visit.

With our office re-arranged and some of our final boxes unpacked, I was able to get out my long-lost quilting project! yay! This year's project is to finish a Crown Royal Quilt for my good friend/college buddy, Clint. Yes-Christmas is my deadline....so ...... I better stop slackin!

More to come soon.

No comments: