Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Take My Voice

Today will be a quiet day around campus. A program that (I believe) our building is putting on is called "Take My Voice." Students will be wearing a black shirt that says: "Today I am silent for __________." (in the blank, there is a reason written-like cancer or whatever the person wants to be silent for that day)

I think this is a cool cause, but how can I be silent when I am a secretary? Am I supposed to NOT answer the phone? or what if I were flying.
"Cleared for takeoff...." not such a good idea for that huh?

SO I have decided to make my own version of Take My Voice. Today I am not going to talk about flying. This may sound like an easy task, but it is BEAUTIFUL outside! So when I hear that sweet hum of airplanes flying overhead, I will remember that today I am not talking about flying and this silence is for those that have been in airplane accidents.

~Robin

4 comments:

tlawwife said...

Great idea. Does writing about it constitute talking?

Have you ever wanted to land in a school yard?

Robin said...

I don't think so--this is my chance to explain this event.

2nd question...
school yard...? huh? i don't understand i guess...?

tlawwife said...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090415/ap_on_re_us/forced_landing

Robin said...

WOW...nope...you know i would pick a highway : )

I didn't see that news story. I'm surprised with the "engine running rough" that a school yard was their best option....but who knows-maybe the area did not have many good options. At least no one was hurt...just the airplane.