Monday, April 27, 2009

A Marathon Vacation

Last Thursday, I took off work that afternoon to drive to Wichita, KS for a wedding rehearsal for a K-State friend of ours. I was selected to do the first reading and whatever else they needed me to do, so I got to go to rehearsal and hang out with the bridal party. I forgot how much fun it is to "just" be a reader. Not that readers don't have important jobs, but I don't have the paparazzi following me around snapping my picture every minute. I enjoyed watching the ceremony rehearsal and also meeting and re-meeting the families (which I had forgotten some of their names!).

Here is a picture of the couple that night. No, he is not trying to get away! He's just buttoning his shirt cuffs:




Tricia, the bride, and I competed in the Women's Annual Air Race Classic in the summer of 2006. Ah the memories! We had a lot of fun and gained a LOT of great flying experiences. Clayton, (her husband now-!) started school at K-State Salina with me in the fall of 2004, so it was such a wonderful chance to go and see some old friends and also lots of Wildcats!! Clayton is a "computer stud" as I liked to call the computer-guru's. Unfortunately, the computer studs still aren't much a fan of MAC computers : (

And some quick pics from the wedding:

The Happy Couple:



Tricia, giving Clint and Adam a bottle of Crown Royal:



The next morning, Chris and I headed to the airport with our friend, Lovely Kristine (I have called her "lovely kristine" since I met her, as my family know a LOT of "kris" "Cristina's","Chris'", etc...). We all departed the ICT (Wichita Airport) bright and early, heading up to Boston, MA for THE Boston Marathon, which Lovely Kristine's fiance, Heath (also another K-Stater and friend of ours) was going to compete in !!!!

We were so awake that morning, check out our enthusiasm:

No comments: