Friday, March 20, 2009

Friday of Spring Break

Here's to a quiet week : D

And here's to next week : S

See the difference....it gets CRAZY when students come back! eik! But, without all of them, I would not have a job, so I guess it works out.

Chris has been busy ALL week...he got his 40 hours at the flight center-which really means he got like 60, but I'm glad he's earning his keep : ) hehe.

I got to fly the simulator--ahem-"flight training device"-my bad-anyway-our Chief Pilot is working on his PhD, so he's doing some practice flights on several people to gather info and get his thesis all ready for testing. It was fun, but definitely needed my full attention. My leg even started shaking with my toes on the brakes, just like a real checkride...so I guess it seemed "real" life to me! I think I did ok though, but I did make a mistake-but that's what it's all about-learning where there are flaws and attempting to fix them. It's kinda fun being a "lab rat" in situations like that, because I feel like it makes me a better pilot.

Chris got to do the same thing a couple of weeks ago because he's an "ATP". While i'm not that...i had some "real world experience" so i guess i checked out ok too. It was fun, none the less, and yet another thing to better my skills on.

Tonight we might go to a movie at the theater. It's been AGES since we've gone to the theater for a movie-usually we rent or netflix. I'm excited!

Tomorrow's schedule involves sleeping in...yup, and i think that's it. Sunday is looking promising too: Sleeping in : D

What a weekend! Here we go!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

what'd you go see???