Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Christmas Break Part 4 of 4

The next couple of days through new years, we saw family and friends and enjoyed not being in the car. (we did a LOT of driving!)

January 2nd we went to Joplin, MO to visit a friend/past coworker of Chris’. Then we hopped up to Kansas City that night to tie up a few loose ends there and spend Saturday with a few friends. Saturday afternoon we took one giant leap back down to Wichita. We were tired that night. Sunday was a big day though-at least for me!

Karen had her 1st bridal fair booth. I went as a “past bride,” as she photographed our wedding. It was fun, and I hope will be good business for her in the future. That evening, I was exhausted. We had a quick dinner, and Chris and I loaded up in the car and came home. I had to work the next morning.



Overall, it was so great to see everyone and enjoy the time off. I like this whole paid holiday thing too! It was great to be paid to not work. : o ) Well, 1600 miles and about 24 hours (total for the entire trip) in the car later, we arrived safely back in Stillwater, OK.

No comments: