Thursday, October 16, 2008

Who is Barbara Morgan?

AN ASTRONAUT! DUH!!!!

Monday Oklahoma State University invited Astronaut Barbara Morgan to speak at the university over the course of the day. Chris was able to get us tickets for the luncheon that was held (I was SO psyched!). I also went to her presentation this evening to the public about her experience as an Astronaut to the International Space Station (ISS).

It was cool listening to her talk about her experiences. It sounded like we were listening to a good friend tell us about their amazing vacation they had gone on. Chris and I both enjoyed the luncheon presentation. He even said he could have listened to her talk longer! (too bad he went to class tonight-this school stuff is getting in the way of space stuff : )

After the lunch presentation, I got the opportunity to get her autograph and talk with her a little bit. As cliché as this sounds, I am amazed at how "down to earth" she is. I guess when I think about movie stars or astronauts, I think of them as these people who are above us "average" folk. I mean, they have all these experiences and things that are just amazing--and way beyond the realm of my simple life. In reality, they are really just normal people who do things, just like everyone else--the difference is, the things they do are things that I think are remarkable and amazing. I think that is what makes it so special to me.

More Info

No comments: