Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Settling In to being an Okey

Well hello again!

We have successfully made the trip from Kansas City to Stillwater, Oklahoma. It was a long drive, but we are glad that the move is over. We may not be settled, but we are moved in nonetheless.

I began work Tuesday, 8am. It was nice to work in an office...weird for me though. When I graduated high school, i said i didn't want to get a degree that would land me an office job. Well, guess what?! I didn't...well, kinda. As the old fogey pilots all tell me, fly while you can, while you crave it, and need to..then one day you will settle and not NEED to fly like you did while you were young. We all hit it some day...and you will too.

Well, I think what they are referring to is called BURN OUT. I think we all hit this at one point or another. I was just beginning to reach the early phases of this in KC with instructing-waking up early, flying in the small airplane all day, and passing out at night. I think this change of pace came at exactly the right time. I am ready for that bit of slow down, that office job to change things up a bit. This way, at least i get to do what i do best-TALK!-and help people, 2 of my favorite qualities : ) and...in the evenings, I will get to do a bit of flight instructing to keep building up my time. Hopefully, by the time Chris and I both graduate, we will have both built up some good flight time and have the chance to do more of what we love-the "fun" flying. Going places for fun, and even business-but mainly just fun. Besides...who knows where we will be by then!

Well, on another note, Chris is teaching an Aviation Safety class this semester. I'm excited for him! He found out there are around 35 students in his class! WOW! I know! I am sure they will all have a good time though. I think he'll do GREAT (although i AM a bit biased : )

No comments: