Monday, July 12, 2010

Sleeping in PAST Sunrise!

The past several weeks have been BUSY! Between Chris starting a "normal" schedule and me completing training for work, it seems like taking each day-one day at a time-has been the best approach.

Here are some pictures from sunrises over the past several weeks. I know most of you are blissfully curled up in bed (which would be nice) at the hour the sun rises. But here are a few pictures to show you what you are missing:







This one had the most beautiful rainbow!


Well, this morning I did sleep in past sunrise...and it was wonderful ! Chris was able to come back to town for a day and we spent it catching up and hanging out with friends. A friend of ours is moving to the DC area with his lovely wife, and we could not be more happy for them!! I had the pleasure of having dinner with them and getting to hear all about their excitement and adventures that are ahead. I jokingly told them it "must be a real job if the company moves you across the country!" : ) heheheee. We could not be happier for them.

We enjoyed Saturday of spending time with some "old" Phi Delts, joking, and catching up. It was a perfect day for us. It felt like one of "those Sundays" that people talk about when the day seems to last forever and you don't look at your watch-and, before you know it, four hours have passed and it feels like you still have all day ahead of you. It was relaxing and fun. Many thanks to Debbie (Hinnen's Mom) for allowing us to come and invade her house--and also for the wonderful hospitality and food provided. (now I know where Bryan gets his sense of hospitality from!!)

I wish I would have taken a picture of a few people floading in the pool. Delton had his floaties on while sitting in one of those inflatable chairs. He looked comfortable. (only to be splashed by a cannon-ball a short while later by Troy....! Although, they were nice enough to pull me away from the pool so I didn't get wet : )

No comments: