Monday, July 19, 2010

Baby Shower with Some Girlfriends!

Yesterday a few of my college girlfriends threw me a small baby shower with a few friends from college. It was so much fun hanging out with the girls again. Being a small group, it was hosted at my house. (which means they made yummy treats and left me some at home to munch on this week! yay!)

An old roommate of mine came up from Texas (YAAAAY!) and was able to stay with us for the entire weekend. It was just fun to have a guest over and catch up. On Saturday night, I FINALLY got to meet my friend's fiance, Dan. (whom we love calling "Dan, Dan the Fireman! so as not to be confused with our other college friend, Dan) We hung out at their house and watched a movie for awhile. Being the good friends they are, they noticed I was getting tired (even though I THOUGHT I was still doing ok), they strongly encouraged me to go home and get some sleep. Sadly (because I knew they were RIGHT) we went home. Needless to say, I fell asleep quickly : ) Thanks for being good friends and taking care of me!!
(ok, so I should give up on the "thinking I'm doing ok" thing, as obviously the further I get along in pregnancy, I believe there is a strong negative correlation between preggo thought process and reality of a situation, therefore concluding Preggo Robin is not good at making decisions about taking care of herself. Yup I just admitted it-go ahead and say "I told you so.")

When Sunday came around, my house was filled with giggles, laughter, good treats, and good friends. I could not have asked for a more fun day. I'm excited to see this next chapter of our life unfold. So far, the forecast looks like many good years are ahead. I can't wait!!

Sunday evening, I was tired from the long day of having fun (amazing how having fun and chatting all day is so exhausting!) I decided to sleep on the comfortable couch in the cool basement. Ah....cold just like the polar bears like it! About 10 pm...the door to the house opened. (uh oh...who is home? Chris and Theresa are both gone-and Theresa's not supposed to be back until Monday night-I think?) So-I lay there on the basement couch-thinking--hmm...it has to be Theresa...right?

I listened attentively for the footsteps which were moving around the upstairs of our house. Baby must have been startled too...as it started kicking. Shhh.....be quiet belly-don't kick! A few minutes later, I saw the familiar feet strolling down the stairs: THERESA!! Needless to say, she was just as confused as I was. Since I was sleeping on the basement couch, she was confused as to why my car was here but there was no Robin-and my bed was empty...and apparently I left the light on in the baby's room...oops. I was confused because I thought she took Monday off...but apparently not-and we laughed at ourselves and chatted for a bit before going to sleep. It was nice to see her.

Tonight: dinner with my parents. (yum!) I'm not sure what is on the menu, but it doesn't matter...all I have to do is show up to eat. I'm starting to work up an appetite now...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How does pregnancy appetite compare to marathon training appetite???? I'm truly curious!

tlawwife said...

You have learned my motto. Any meal I don't have to cook is a good meal. Well almost any meal.