Friday, January 29, 2010

Winter Wonder Land...AGAIN!

Well Hello Friends!

With a cup of hot chocolate at hand and beautiful, white scenery, the day begins.

Yesterday campus closed at 1pm. Unfortunately, that does not mean that my work was over. Why does there always seem to be some project with a deadline and only so many hours in the work week? Well, needless to say-I got to work on that project yesterday afternoon. It was nice to FINALLY complete it--as it has been on my to do list for a week now (with a deadline of this Saturday)! Somehow there always seems to be that "thing" that always "comes up" and distracts me from getting the things I need to do done!

Why can't my job be one of those where "waiting until tomorrow" doesn't affect anyone? Somehow I don't think the people calling in saying "my heater is broken and the storm is coming" would appreciate me waiting to call their heater in until I get around to it....SO I stop the work I need to do and call in their broken heater. Oh-a classic phrase--one that I do not mean to offend people on--but I hear A LOT is: "we have children." (Does that make it more urgent? There are only so many people that can fix a heater-and I am definitely not one of them!)

I just want to know--do people really think we do not call in heaters if they have no children? I don't care WHO you are--if you have kids or not--I AM CALLING IN TO GET YOUR HEATER FIXED! So-for all those out there--I just wanted to set the record straight.

Ok-done ranting : -)

So yesterday, I got the bright Idea that walking the 7 minutes to work was a good idea. I thought-well, I will bundle up..and this way I won't have to scrape ice nor drive! yeah...the 10-15 min walk home in FREEZING COLD ICE PELLETS told me otherwise......now I wonder what part of that sounded like a good idea because the wind on the walk home was NOT pleasant. Hehe...not to mention good ole Chris calls mid-walk....and you all know what he's going to say: "why in the heck are you walking in THAT weather?!" In my defense, my plan was to catch the bus home....but remember that project....well--it kept me later than anticipated, so walking was my option. oops. oh well.

Here are 2 pictures I took this morning. And that is about as much of outside as I want to see today! I have heard people scraping ice since early this morning (5am...!)


No comments: