Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Where in the WORLD is Christopher Robin?!

These past few months have been just CRAZY BUSY! Where have we been? What have we been up to? Let's start off from today and work backwards:

**this upcoming weekend is my marathon--which I have been training for since the beginning of June! Yikes!
Last weekend, we went on a road trip to Indiana to visit some good friends of ours. It was supposed to be a "airplane" trip, but as luck would have it, there was a storm system that moved through. So, we decided to play it safe and suffer through the 12 hour drive there. However, the trip was WELL worth it! We got to stop through Joplin, MO. on the way through and visit another friend. It was such a fun trip and it was nice to get to see friends. On the way home, we stopped through Perryville, MO to visit Chris' Grandparents. Conveniently, we also got to see his brother Jeremy and (Jeremy's FIANCE) Ashley. I also got to meet Aunt Billie. Here is a picture of the crew below:


The previous weekend was Heath and Kristine's wedding. We had a great time celebrating with our dear friends. Heath went to school with Chris and I. Kristine is a close family/friend of my family, so it was an all out party with our close friends/family!! We got to see a number of K-State alumni. Here is a picture of the lovely couple and my darling husband and I:


The previous weekend was a blessed weekend at home--AMAZING!-- Oh-and I had a student pass his private pilot check ride. That was SO exciting because he has been working SO hard to complete this and it was so rewarding to see him succeed.

The weekend before THAT-Chris went to Reno, Nevada for the Annual Reno Air Races. One of the clubs on campus is called the Flying Aggies. Chris and other Flying Aggies road tripped the 33 hour drive there and the 27 hour ride home. I got constant updates about the Hoover Dam, driving through Vegas--oh-and my favorite was when I called and heard the amazing Bzzzzrrrrmmmmmm! That was the sound of the quick race planes zipping in and out of pylons, going roughly 500+mph at 50 feet above the ground! (that is a bit different than the type of air racing that I did....this was a pylon race, compared to my cross country air race)

Before that was football games, as well as a fantastic camping trip with the Laws crew. We went camping over Labor day. The "crew" consisted of Chris' parents, sister, brother and (at the time his girlfriend!!) Ashley. My sister came out for smores one night and it was a great opportunity to hang out and enjoy the beautiful, silent scenery before life got crazy busy.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

somehow, i didn't realize you'd been training for about 5 months, you crazy monkey!!!

ps-when does Chris get to blog? ;)