Thursday, October 15, 2009

Run, Eat, Eat, Eat, Run Eat, Eat, Eat,Run!!!

The last several months of training have been....indescribable. How does one put into words something that I have been looking forward to for SO long?

In high school, a teammate of mine from cross country took her senior year off to run a marathon with her mom. Additionally, my coach ran a marathon--and my teammates and I went to cheer him on. This past spring, Chris and I went to Boston to watch Heath run his 1st Boston Marathon. That was it--I had decided-THIS is the year for MY marathon. And I was going to make it my birthday present to myself. My loving husband was right behind me--Chris gave me a pair of running shoes and a pedometer! He's the BEST! He even went through the trouble to help me plan out some of my long runs...what a great coach/teammate!

I cannot be more thankful for the support of Chris, as well as our friends and family. Thanks to each of you for your constant support and encouragement every step of the way.

**There are text/email updates and I told one of my students about it--and I told him that he would be able to get updates on my progress throughout the race. He jokingly said-So it will text me when you get admitted to the hospital--with your room number and everything?! haha. Thanks ! I appreciate the good humor of my student and their support and sacrifice to have a flexible schedule in order to allow me to run and train for this marathon.**

Also, Chris had one more race present for me...another NEW pair of shoes! So I will be sporting some shnazzy blue Adidas shoes! (don't worry Heath-I did break my new shoes in!)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Excited to read your race recap, champ! :)