Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Blissful Morning?

Today I survived another run : ) Yes...survived....

I am training for the Kansas City Marathon on Saturday, October 17, 2009. Running a marathon has been a goal of mine since high school. So-this is the year! With much encouragement from many of my running buddies (and wonderful husband-who often helps me "plot out" my long runs), training is going well.

I must admit...after today's run...I am a bit sore-my knees are achy and those 3 flights of stairs up to our apartment seemed ENDLESS. Today's mileage was a whoppin 16! This is by far the furthest I have EVER run...which is pretty exciting.

I don't know if I will be an avid marathoner after my first one...but after today's run I was thinking:
Thank the good Lord! I survived!

Yet in the back of my mind...I was thinking: If today were the race, I'd have 10.2 more miles to go! eik!

So...I continue to take one day at a time, one step at a time, and one mile at a time.

1 comment:

tlawwife said...

I'm tired thinking about it!!