Thursday, May 7, 2009

Robin VS the Copy Machine

Final Score:

Copy Machine: 65
Robin 0

This afternoon was an adventure. I ventured over to Iba, a building just across the street and diagonal to the building I work in. I needed to make around 700 copies of a form for students for check out. So, like any person would do, I went to the copy room. From the moment I stepped in there, little did I know that I was in for a battle.

I started the copies and visited with a few people while the copies were being made. When I walked back into the copy room, the copier had stopped. I glanced at the tray, and not even 100 were done. I saw that there was a jam. Oh-no big deal, I thought. So I un-jam section 2 of the copier and it whizzes back into copy mode. *phew! I thought-got it!*

A few minutes later, the copier stopped-again. What?! i JUST fixed it-surely it's not the same thing...oh it was. So I soon got into a rhythm of every 12 papers or so, the copier would stop, give a double, consecutive beep three times (for a total of 6 beeps), then I would un-jam section 2, close the door and the vicious cycle would resume. A couple of times i got anxious to fix the jam and caused a bigger jam, including sections 3, 3b, 4, 5...etc. SO i soon learned that if i just waited for all 6 beeps to go before i opened the side door, i would save myself time and not cause a bigger paper jam.

I thought-this is going to be a LONG process for some copies.

After coercing the copy machine to making all my copies, I was off to the safety of my building. I am thankful that there are copy machines, but disappointed that the technology was not as efficient as i would have liked.

On another note-the things I was making copies for was for the students who are moving out. YAY! Students go home and my office gets quiet!! yay! Well, kinda good, kinda bad. I am sad that it will be so quiet...I might have enough time to keep up with facebook this summer! yikes! I WILL be bored!

Until next time, be ware of the copy machines...they are ferocious!
~Robin

2 comments:

tlawwife said...

I also have a love - hate relationship with copy machines.

Unknown said...

I haven't even read past the first two LINES and I'm laughing my face off!!!!! I know how you feel .... I felt the same way about installing the closet.